If you're a serious gamer, then you probably spend hours on end staring at a screen while sitting down and playing those games that you love. But did you know that what you sit on whilst you play can really impact your gaming experience? By choosing the best gaming chair for your style, it can seriously improve how long you can play, your enjoyment and aid in full emersion in the game itself.
These chairs, that are specifically engineered for gamers, are designed to provide ultimate comfort for those of us who tend to sit for long periods of time, which is why getting the right model for you can be vital to your body’s health. If you are looking for the best gaming chair you must already know how to purchase the best pc.
X Rocker Pro Series
The stand out Gaming Chair of 2018
Comes with all the bells and whistles you want to total game immersion. With built in control panel for audio and connect several devices.
There are many different makes and models of gaming chair out there, so it can be difficult to decide which one you need, let alone which is the best amongst them. Which is why we have pulled together this awesome guide from our very own gaming guru, to help you make your buys decision.
What to Look for in a Good Gaming Chair
Type of Chair
The first thing you have to consider is what kind of chair would suit the type of gaming you do. Generally, there are chairs that sit low and casually on the floor for console gamers, and there are desk chairs for PC gamers. The types of games you usually play will determine what kind to get.
Low-sitting chairs often have rocking functions that allow you to easily lean back or move back and forth based on your preferences.
Many also have built-in audio features that can add to gameplay. These types of chairs are also comfortable for watching TV, reading magazines, talking on the phone, or just relaxing in general.
Desk chairs tend to be more rigid in form, although some do have reclining functions so that you can lean back to some degree.
They will probably also have a swivel function and wheels attaches so that you can easily travel across the floor with them.
These kinds of chairs will also work great when you are working at your table, and some are comfortable enough to make good places for some relaxation, too.
Let’s face it…gaming sessions can last for several hours, leaving you feeling a bit sore from sitting too much.
That is why you will need the best gaming chair that provides with comfort and relaxation that also is not too hard on your back and posture.
Ergonomics are an important part of anything, and they are especially important for something you will be sitting on for hours at a time.
You will want to find a chair that has a backrest that cradles your body is a specific way, fitting to you so that you do not feel awkward or uncomfortable.
Some chairs even have design features that make sure you have the best posture possible while using them.
Good gaming chairs should also have a good amount of cushion to them, and it would be a good idea if that cushion does not wear off too much over time. Some gamers use the chair to rest the arms when they use the keyboard or mouse at playing. This cushion should also not flatten even if you use the chair for hours.
In addition, the material that a chair’s cover is made from can change a gaming experience – opt for more breathable options so that sweat and heat don't affect your gameplay!
Armrests, if a chair has one, should also be comfortable. Ideally, these should be adjustable to some degree, as should the height of the chair.
It should, of course, go without saying that you should take note of the measurements of the chair you plan to buy so that you know it will be the right fit for you.
There is nothing worse than making a purchase and finding it to be the wrong size!
The best gaming chairs are often quite high in price, which means that you will want them to last for a significant amount of time before giving out – and hopefully, that is not something they will do!
That is why durability is important, so you get the most value out of the price you pay.
Gaming chairs should be made from a strong, sturdy frame with a good amount of balance, so you can use tilt or recline features without worrying about it tipping over.
The stitching of the cover over the frame should be tight and secure so that it does not fray or come loose over time. The chair cover should also be made of a material that does not flake or comes apart easily.
If you are not too sure about the durability of a product, then check out its warranty policies. Some offer unlimited parts replacement, and many may come with a 30-day return or exchange warranty as well.
While you are checking that out, do a bit of research about the company’s customer service history to ensure that they will not be difficult to deal with.
Audio, Or No Audio?
Some gaming chairs work to enhance your gaming experience as much as possible, and as such, may integrate an audio system that you can connect to a console for a more immersive experience.
This will allow you to hear game noises, music, and sounds from the chair itself. The feature is pretty nifty, but it can add to the price of a product.
So, if you do plan to buy a chair with an audio feature, then you will need to make sure you know what to look for.
Most audio chairs will have speakers in the headrest for easier hearing. These speakers should be of a good quality and provide good volume and even bass so that you get the most out of your game.
Some chairs with audio even have options to adjust bass separately so that you can customize your gaming experience.
On a similar note, all volume controls for the audio on the chair should be easy to access, and it should be fairly easy to connect to a console.
Some use transmitters to pick up audio signals, while others need to be plugged in. Either way, the process should not be a complicated one.
Finally, for a chair to have technology integrated into it, it needs a power source.
You may want to be wary of chairs that use batteries to work, as the audio functions can easily drain and eat through them in very short time spans.
A chair that plugs into a socket to access electricity is the kind that is a better idea to go for.
The Best Gaming Chair 2018 Reviews
1. Homall Desk Chair
Starting off, the Homall desk chair is a modern take on the classic desk chair design but is designed to ensure maximum lumbar support and comfort during extended gaming sessions.
First, let's start off with the ergonomics. The Homall desk chair features a raised removable headrest and removable lumbar support pillows that are padded to give the user added comfort and support while seated in the chair.
The chair can be locked into multiple positions ranging from sitting at a desk without straining your neck and shoulders, to fully reclining and locking in the rearward position for taking a break when your body begins to get stiff.
You can even set the chair into a rocking configuration, so you can change positions without having to continually engage and disengage the chairs lock when you change your seating position.
Structurally speaking, this gaming chair is designed to accommodate people of all shapes and sizes. It doesn't matter if you're tall or short, the chairs high back support and the adjustable headrest are designed to be comfortable for people from ranging from average to taller than average heights.
The chair is tested to a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, but we wouldn't recommend someone heavier than 200 pounds using the chair due to how narrow the seat is.
The Homall desk chair maintains its aesthetically pleasing design but remains exceptionally mobile. It incorporates multi-directional Wheels that allow moving back and forth on a variety of floor services and has a 360-degree gas spring cylinder built into the frame of the chair, so you can turn any direction, adjust the height, and move anywhere you need to.
However, a few issues need to be addressed. The first issue I have is with the armrest; they aren't adjustable, so your arms are going to be a fixed to a single position, so you may or may not get uncomfortable depending on how long your arms are.
The second issue is with the width and height of the chair, it's not bad, but with a seating area of 20 inches and a backrest height of 28.3 inches, it is a reasonably large chair, so people with smaller desks might not be able to sit very close. Not a huge problem but one to keep in mind.
- Made from a PU leather material, this chair, and its padded armrest are supposedly manufactured to provide comfort while also being good for your skin. The chair itself was designed ergonomically in order to be the most comfortable.
- The material of this chair breathes, so you will not find yourself sweating or feeling hot while using it. This is especially thanks to the mesh and metal build of the chair.
- The chair moves easily across the floor and can rock back and forth in order to be most conducive to whatever you need it for.
- Its base is of a heavy duty material and fitted with castors to increase stability.
- The seat height is adjustable to a certain degree so that you can use it regardless of your own height.
- Meant to be appealing to the eyes, this gaming chair features a luxury racing care style executive design so that you look good while playing games.
- The company offers a lifetime replacement warranty and will send you free replacements for installation problems and damaged or missing parts. If the chair is not to your satisfaction, you can return it to the company for a no-questions-asked refund or replacement.
- Installation is meant to be simple and easily completed within thirty minutes, and if you need help, the chair comes with detailed instructions.
- It is affordable and within a good price range.
- Customer service is difficult to get through to.
- The cushioning on the back is not thick enough to hide the feeling of the back support bar.
- During assembly, you may notice that the holes for bolt assembly are not straight.
- If you like plush, soft chairs, this one is not for you as it is designed to be firm to improve posture. This can also make the back of the chair very stiff, making it uncomfortable to sit in for very long periods of time.
- Although the chair claims to have a high back, customers have reported that even if they are of average height, it does not go as high as they would like it to.
- This possible wear and tear of this chair may include the swivel mechanism breaking down or the components becoming loose. The chair may also begin to squeak and become noisy.
- Overall, the chair itself is not the most durable and its construction is weak, so if you use it daily, you may find it breaking down sooner than you expect it to.
- The stitching is not durable, and you may find that it comes undone with wear and tear.
2. X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Chair
The next gaming chair on our list is designed based on user feedback, keeping the needs and wants of gamers in mind. The X Rocker 513609 Pro features a wide variety of accommodations and offers Wireless connectivity to tether your chairs internal audio system to the console of your choice.
We have tested a wide variety of gaming chair for our reviews and I will say one thing, this chair offers something that most gamer chairs do not. Most manufacturers will rant and rave about connectivity and be able to link with various multimedia devices but often fall short by being able to tether to only one type of console.
The difference between this chair and other chairs is the X Rocker features a control panel where you can alter the volume and base settings, input and output audio jacks to link several connected devices. For example, the internal input and output Jack's aren't limited to console gaming you're able to hook this chair up with a smart TV, Blu-ray player, but regarding gaming, you can tether with PCs and Nintendo, Xbox One, PS4 consoles.
This chair has more to offer than high-quality audio. Ergonomically speaking, the cushions begin at the foot of the chair and extend all the way to the headrest of the chair.
It is contoured to fit a sitting human body with adjustable armrest for accommodating arms of various lengths. The chair can hold up to 300 pounds and has a backrest with a height of 42 inches.
You could transport this chair reasonably easily for travel gaming and competition play. Assembly of the chair is simple and doesn't require much prep time to get this chair up and running.
It only takes about 10 minutes or so from disassembled to up and running. Just put the pieces together and plug it into an AC power source and you're good to go.
- This chair promises comfort thanks to an ergonomic design, fitted with gunstock arms and a pedestal with tilt and swivel functions.
- The pedestal base offers elevation and its arms provide support, letting you feel more comfortable while also maintaining good posture.
- The cushions are excellent for long periods of gaming, so you will not need to deal with a chair that is too hard.
- It comes with two built-in speakers that are hidden inside the headrest and a subwoofer that uses 2.1 Audio Force Modulation Technology so that you don’t just hear audio but feel it. This also magnifies sound quality in order to help with game immersion and provides great vibration.
- The chair has a wireless receiver, and its wireless transmitter works easily with any RCA stereo output source, or you can use the RCA cables that are included to connect.
- A control panel is easily accessible on the chair, and it has separate volume and bass controls so you get exactly the kind of sound that you want.
- If you have other X Rocker chairs, this model can connect to them for multiplayer games, allowing for seamless audio that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Setup is extremely easy and can be completed very quickly.
- You cannot lean back very much on the chair, as it is not a rocker or recliner.
- The transmitter does not come with its own power charger.
- If no audio is being sent to the speakers in the chair, it will automatically shut off after a particular period of time.
- There is not that much padding on the chair, even if it feels very soft and cozy, and this may cause the padding to feel too flat over time. In addition, there is a rod on the front seat that can feel pain when the padding thins out. Essentially, the chair is built for gaming, not comfort.
- After sitting in the chair for a while, the padding will become flattered, which may lead you to need to use a separate cushion for extended gameplay times.
- Durability is not high for this chair, and the padding may crack after a certain period of time, or the pedestal – which is merely made from plastic – may suffer from wear and tear more quickly than expected.
- Customer service is not excellent for the company that manufactures or distributes this product.
3. Kinsal Ergonomic Leather High-back Swivel Chair
Kinsal is a well-known company with a reputation for delivering products to suit the individual needs of the customer.
What I mean by this is you don't have to purchase its stock from the factory like you do most gaming chairs, this ergonomic high back swivel chair comes with a wide variety a customizable color option, sizes, and various other accessories for the users to choose from.
You can design a unique chair based on your very own budget and requirements.
The chair features high-rise pillows and extremely cushion backing offering excellent lumbar support and prevents even the biggest and tallest Gamers from slouching given its comfortable and thick chair base, it has the look and feel of an automobile seat, you feel like you're in the cockpit.
The backrest can be tilted anywhere between 90 to 180 degrees, so you have the option sitting up straight and focusing or reclining the chair back and relaxing. It structurally designed to support weights up to 280 pounds and can be adjusted from Heights of 17.5 inches to 20.5 inches.
It has a back-rest area of 36.5 inches (Height) and 22 inches (Width) and a seating area of 22 inches (Width) and 23 inches, so there is a good amount of real estate available, even for big guys.
The only issues I have with this chair is the leather backing can get quite sticky over time, and the Velcro fixtures for the ergonomic pillows unstrap and fall off under greater use.
The adjustable armrest is a bit of a concern, if you lean on them too much, they tend to feel a little more flimsy than usual, but this is just a small concern. Like anything else, if you take care of it, it will take care of you too.
- The chair is made of high-quality PU leather, and it is made from a large tubular steel frame and a strong starbase, which promises a high level of stability and comfort.
- Designed with ergonomic back and head support in mind, the product has fully adjustable armrests and height.
- This product has a 360-degree swivel and has a 90-degree to 180-degree backward tilt movement, so it can recline far back until it is lying flat like a bed.
- The product has been upsized to cater to those who are larger or taller.
- The chair is fitted with universal racing caster wheels that are silent and move smoothly if needed.
- Designed to be stylish and sophisticated, this product is meant to look good as well as offer good functionality. Its appearance is inspired by racecar seats, adding a dash of the daring to the overall look.
- The PU leather cover is resistant to fading and can be very easily wiped down or cleaned.
- Each purchased chair comes with a metal ID card that hosts a unique serial number that will assist customer service in identifying your product’s purchase details if they need to clear up problems.
- The product is very easy to assemble, with only three steps involved that can be finished in a matter of minutes.
- A headrest cushion and lumbar cushion arrive as free products when you order the chair.
- This company prides itself on its excellent customer service.
- The chair comes with a 30-day warranty that allows you to return or exchange the product for free with no questions asked. After the 30-day period, you can still receive free replacements for parts that are damaged or defective.
- The arms rest adjust upwards and downwards only, not in or out, which is a feature that you may have preferred to have included. The armrests are also notably short.
- If you are on the heavy side, you may find that the support cylinder on the back of the chair is not sufficient to hold your weight. You can rectify this by purchasing a heavy-duty cylinder as a replacement.
- You might find that the neck pillow is not in the right position, and it might be entirely useless for you.
- The chair may become uncomfortable during long or extended gaming sessions.
- Although the 180-degree recline is nifty, it does not have enough sense of balance for you to make use of that function.
- The ends of the chair are raised, which can be uncomfortable for some.
- The high price of this chair may be a bit much for the quality that you receive, which means you will not necessarily get the best value for money from this product.
4. Sanford 5121001 ABC Life Style Furniture Video Rocker
The Sanford 5121001 ABC Life Style Furniture Video Rocker gaming chair is what some may consider unique. Its design is simple but optimized for both lounging and gaming.
In my opinion, I'd say this is a chair that's best suited for a gamer who occasionally games. A hardcore gamer may want to consider some of the more specialized chairs on our list, but if you're looking for a chair to play video games here and there in for a decent price, this chair is a solid option.
The chair is built with a wooden frame, thick padding, and vinyl upholstery. There are several color options when selecting the color of the chair, such as black, black and red, black and silver, and a few other unique color schemes.
After testing this chair out for a few months, I would recommend it as a chair for
children, teenagers, or as a strict entry-level gaming chair. It's not exactly professional-grade, and it's extremely low to the floor so it could be considered uncomfortable to say, big gamers, for extended periods of time. If you're short, you will enjoy the chairs excellent posture.
The manufacturer doesn't list a specific weight limit, but due to its compactness and rocking structural design, it's built with smaller users in mind, about a hundred 150 pounds or less. It sits very low to the floor so people with longer legs will have to lean back fair to see the screen.
The chair measures 32 inches by 16 inches and weighs about 14 pounds or so. You can store the chair very quickly while not in use by folding it up when you're done. As most of you know, vinyl can be a little sticky after you sit on it for a while but is very easy to clean with disinfectant wipes or a wet cloth.
- This video rocker style chair has casual low seating that is perfect for gamers.
- The chair is made from a strong hardwood frame that is padded by fire-retardant foam, with all of this covered with upholstery-grade vinyl that is easy to clean and wipe down.
- A sturdy and well-cushioned seat fits your body and rocks back and forth so that you will always feel comfortable while using it.
- An ergonomic design makes for better posture as it enhances support on your back so that you are always relaxed as you sit in the healthiest way for your body.
- The product is durable and will not break down easily, and it will last you for a long time.
- It is made to be compact and light so that it can be moved around and stored easily without taking up too much space.
- The wide variety of colors, some decorated with mesh racing stripes, allows you to express your individuality.
- This is one of the most affordable chairs on the market, and it makes a fantastic budget option.
- A 30-day limited warranty is included with the purchase of this chair.
- There are no pockets or storage in this rocking chair.
- Despite its style, which typically comes with audio functions, this chair does not have any extra features.
- The material is slightly tight around its hardwood, which can make it a bit uncomfortable depending on the way you use it, and it is not great for very long periods of use. This is also due in part to the need for a little more padding.
- The lack of comfort provided by the chair means that your back and neck may suffer after using it for extended gameplay.
- The material is not breathable and can be uncomfortable on the skin, especially on hot days.
- You will have to be careful when rocking backward on the chair, as leaning back too far will tip it over and land you on your back. In short, this product is not balanced well or properly.
- If you are taller or larger in size, you may find this chair much too small for you. The headrest may be far too low for you.
- The return policy is not the greatest, and you may only receive a 50% refund if you have the product sent back, depending on the circumstances.
5. Cohesion XP 2.1 Gaming Chair with Audio
It is a rocker that sits very low to the floor but features integrated audio inputs and outputs, as well as speakers that are compatible with a wide variety of gaming consoles and connected devices.
The chairs audio system Is straightforward but gives gamers options. It has two integrated stereo speakers built straight into the chair, one on each side of the head. There are volume controls and input and output headphone jacks for gaming headsets and headphones as well.
There is no specified weight limit from the manufacturer, but given the structural integrity of the chair, we wouldn't recommend gamers who are over 200 pounds to use this chair. Structurally speaking, it's simple, built with a wooden frame, ergonomic foam padding, and simple vinyl embroidery.
The dimensions are 25.7 inches (Height) by 18.3 (Width). Like with most floor rocking chairs, taller gamers who have their TV placed up high might get uncomfortable from having to lean back while playing games over time, if you're shorter than 6 feet, you'll find the chair much more comfortable.
The Cohesion XP is a good option for gamers who are looking for a very compact and mobile gaming chair but don't want to sacrifice having an onboard audio system and the ability to tether to connected devices and video game consoles.
If size isn't too much of a drawback, and you don't mind sitting too close to the floor, you will enjoy this chair. Like I mentioned before, even if you're tall, you can tolerate sitting in the chair comfortably for a few hours before your body starts to stiffen up.
It's also not too bad price wise, so it's suitable for people who are on all kinds of budgets.
- This chair has two wired receiver audio speakers that are built into the chair to allow you to have a more immersive gaming experience.
- The volume of the speakers is loud and immersive for those on the chair, but for those farther away, it is much more muted, which means you can enjoy audio without worrying about overwhelming noise pollution or disturbing those around you.
- The speakers connect via aux cord to a vast majority of gaming consoles.
- In/out headphone jacks come with the chair, along with volume control that is placed in a convenient spot so that you can easily adjust the audio features.
- The product is lightweight and incredibly comfortable, and it is also foldable, so it is easy to move around and store without taking too much space.
- An ergonomic design cradles your form easily so that you feel relaxed.
- All aspects of this chair either meet or exceed all Consumer Product Safety Commission standards.
- It is an affordable budget option with great features for those looking for an inexpensive gaming chair.
- The speakers do not have great sound quality, as this chair has a low price. There isn’t much bass in the audio, so it can take away from the immersion.
- This chair is not made for long periods of gameplay and it can get uncomfortable or feel hard if you have been using it for a long time.
- There is minimal cushioning throughout the chair, so you may have to get your own separate cushion if you want to use it.
- Running on batteries means that the chair drains power quickly, and the audio function is known to deplete charge very quickly.
- It is generally made for smaller users and is great for children, which means if you are bigger or taller, it may be uncomfortable for you. You may also find your head exceeding the area of the backrest due to this fact.
When choosing a gaming chair, you need to factor in comfort, durability, and the type of chair and features you are going for.
At the end of the day, the product you choose needs to fit your specifications and style of gameplay, and this list will help you to narrow down your list of possibilities and shop intelligently.
Share your own thoughts in the comments section below.
Sources and References:
- The effectiveness of a chair intervention in the workplace to reduce musculoskeletal symptoms – US National Library of Medicine
- How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body – Lifehacker