Productivity Hack – How to Manage Email Like a Pro

  Last Updated:

In this guide, I want to share my number one productivity hack, that will allow you take back control of your online business and free up that highly valuable time we seem to have so little of these days.

What You Will Learn

  • The FREE tools I use to manage ALL of my email accounts
  • An easy to follow guide to setting up your devices (iPhone and Email Clients)
  • A key tool I use to simplify everything I do online

With the number of websites we create, it's easy to lose track of your tasks and objectives and become overwhelmed.

A while ago I fell into a habit of creating a new email address for every new niche site I built. I wanted to keep everything separate for tracking purposes, however, these email accounts have amassed over the years.

Here's a selection of the accounts I have;

  • A personal vanity email
  • A Hotmail account
  • A Yahoo account
  • Admin and Support email addresses for my limited company
  • LOTS AND LOTS of niche site email addresses

Managing this many email accounts started to drive me nuts and demand a great deal of my time.

As the old saying goes, “time is money”, well I decided to tackle this problem head-on and make some drastic, yet easy to implement changes to the way I manage email and tasks for my online business.

My Previous Set Up

Shoot back a few months and I was using outlook with up to 50 email addresses added, all directed into a single inbox.

Doesn't sound too bad you say, well what if I told you that these accounts, CANNOT SYNC with the server.

This meant that any changes I made, emails read, sent and deleted, were unable to sync between multiple devices such as outlook and my iPhone. This became a nightmare to keep track of what I had and hadn't responded too.

My Current Set Up

Fast forward to the present, and after making the changes I am about to explain, I can now manage a single ‘master email” using any email client I choose. This single email account receives ALL of my messages from EVERY SINGLE  email account I own.

What's more, I can reply to any message, from the original email address the message was sent too, which means I don't even have to reveal my ‘master email” to the outside world!

With my iPhone set up in the correct manner, the messages I view, edit and delete, are now synced to my ‘master email”, meaning everything I do is replicated on all of my devices.

So what is this master solution I talk of?

5 Alternatives To The GKWT (Google Keyword Tool) The Can Provide Key Insights Into Your Industry

  Last Updated:

In August 2013 we saw the Google Keyword Tool as we know it, cease to exist. It's has been replaced by the Keyword Planner. You can read the official announcement here

The new Keyword Planner requires a user to have an active Google AdWords account in order to use the tool, plus there have been many other changes too.

I wanted to talk to you a little bit about those changes, and show you 5 cool and FREE keyword tools that I have been using as an alternative to the Google Keyword Planner.

The Changes

Along with a complete overhaul of the look and feel, the keyword planner has lost a lot of the functionality we all used in the keyword tool.

>> Gone is the ability to switch between Broad, Exact and Phrase match, in fact, this ‘was' available at first, however, the volume of keyword searches didn't change when you moved between Broad, Exact and Phrase match. This was one of the first alarm bells to start ringing!

>> The keywords returned are also unhelpful. Long tail phrases seem to have taken a back seat in favor of shorter 1 and 2-word keywords. The fact that you can no longer choose ‘closely related keywords' clearly shows Google's intent here. They want to steer people away from a keyword focused mindset, in favor of content generated solely for the user, regardless of whether it will drive traffic to your website.

>> You are also no longer able to choose device targeting, such as mobile phone or tablet devices. It now defaults to ‘all devices' which brings the tool in line with changes made to Google AdWords, which again shows how serious they are to get us paying for traffic.

>> The search volume data no longer matches what we had in the Keyword Tool. Google's statement below explains why;

>> In general, you'll notice that the average search volume data is higher in Keyword Planner as compared to the exact match search volume data you got with Keyword Tool. That's because we'll show you the average number of searches for a keyword idea on all devices (desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and mobile phones). With Keyword Tool, we showed you average search volume for desktop and laptop computers by default.

There are a few other subtle changes which you can read about in Google's full statement here.

For a tutorial on how to use the Keyword Planner, have a look at the tutorial created by Larry Kim over at Search Engine Land.

5 Google Keyword Tool Alternatives