BitsFromBytes is Your Guide to the Best Software and Tech.
29 Eye-Opening YouTube Facts, Figures & Statistics For 2019
- There are 1.9 billion YouTube users who login each month.
- Forecasts predict that user numbers will reach 1.86 billion by 2021.
- The YouTube platform has over 1.3 billion videos uploaded.
- 1 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube every day.
- Over 5 billion videos are watched every single day on YouTube.
- 300 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- YouTube is available in more than 91 Countries and 80 different Languages.
- There are 30+ million daily active users on YouTube.
- 73% of polled YouTube users would be willing to pay $5 (USD) per month to access YouTube.
- The Indian Music Label T-Series has the most viewed YouTube channel worldwide with 2.91 billion monthly views.
- PewDiePie holds the channel with the most subscribers at 85.5 million, closely followed by T-Series.
- The most popular video on YouTube (Luis Fonsi – Despacito) has almost 6 billion views.
- More than 90% of online shoppers said that they discovered new products via YouTube.
- The very first video uploaded to YouTube was on April 23, 2005, titled “Me at The Zoo“.
- More than 70% of YouTube views are coming from mobile devices.
- On average mobile sessions last more than 40-minutes.
- 96% of 18-24-year-olds are using YouTube.
- The number of YouTube channels with over one million subscribers has doubled in the past year.
- The number of creators making five or six figures grew more than 40% in the last year.
- In December 2018 “YouTube Rewind 2018” became the most disliked video on the internet (with over 15 million dislikes).
- YouTube Music and YouTube Premium is now available in 29 countries.
- YouTube TV now has 800,000+ Subscribers.
- There are more than 1 billion captioned videos on YouTube.
- The highest earning YouTube creator is the 7-year-old Ryan of Ryan Toysreview, earning an estimated $22 million per year.
- YouTube takes a 45% cut of any ad revenue generated by monetized videos.
- 51% of American internet users over the age of 75 use YouTube.
- 2 of the top 5 channels with the most subscribers are gaming-related.
- Five of the Top 10 YouTube Stars are ‘Gamers‘.
- Videos related to “relaxation” have increased by more than 70% in 2018
YouTube Domain Name Registered
First Video is Uploaded Titled "Me at The Zoo"
YouTube Officially Launches
Google Acquired YouTube
Google In-Video Ads Introduced
YouTube Hits 1 Billion Views Per Day
YouTube Rentals is Launched
Milestone: 24 hours of video is uploaded every minute
Milestone: YouTube hits 3 billion views per day
YouTube gets a major website redesign
Milestone: 100 hours of video is uploaded every minute
Live Streaming is introduced for all accounts
YouTube Red is Launched
YouTube TV is Launched
YouTube gets a new logo for the first time ever
[ Sources & References ]
Every effort is taken to keep this piece up-to-date. We revisit these YouTube statistics twice yearly in order to update old facts and figures and provide a current and holistic view of the YouTube video sharing platform.